- This morning she got the crumbs off the counter because I didn't get there first
- She started to get the trash down to the curb before I started to help with that because I didn't get there first
- She IM'ed me with a reminder about the phone-call chore I was supposed to do today, but I hadn't gotten to yet. The only right answer for that one would have been "Yup, it's done."
Not good, but lest I appear totally hopeless, the laundry is coming along well and she mentioned transferring over the bill paying responsibilities to me this evening (something we knew we would have to do together - it has lots of ins and outs).
So in the end, things I did this evening that I wouldn't otherwise have done:
- Brought the trash stuff back up from the curb
- Balanced the check book
- Put money in her wallet - she mentioned she was out
- Turned on her bedside light
- Put her vitamins close at hand for her when brushing her teeth
and the two standing items
Which overall doesn't sound like a lot, but I think it's sustainable and hopefully I can grow from here.
And all this is incredibly boring, but isn't life, in the chop-wood-carry-water kind of way.
This is harder than it looks.
And I love it. I just hope to all get-out that she does. I hope to check in with her again on Wednesday.